CODE OF ETHICS
Valid from April 1, 2021 until revoked.
This Code of Ethics applies to all cases not covered by the Golf Rules, the Footgolf Rules, the Federal Competition Rules or the Competition Rules. In the event of an overlap, the original rules will apply, but the club penalties will not be ignored. Footgolf players are not subject to special golf rules, but all other regulations are applied.
- If you lose sight of the ball hit, warn others with a “fore” shout.
- If you hear a „fore” shout, do not look around just bend over, protect your head with your hands.
- Always stand away from the person just hitting.
- Do not approach a player who is swinging, keep distance.
- The field worker may not be able to see the players and may ear protection, do your best to draw other’s attention before you strike.
- When working on the green, do not strike on the green if the flag is not in its place. Only strike after the operator has replaced the flag to its hole and has left the green.
- Do not relocate tools that have been placed on the track by our colleagues.
Code of Conduct
No form of physical or verbal abuse is allowed on the golf course. It is considered unacceptable behavior if the player:
- Speaks rudely, disrespectfully to other players, referees or spectators.
- Does not acknowledge the fact of the violation, tries to explain the situation.
- Judges the rules of the Balaton Golf Club.
- Does not arrange the course (eg does not rake the bunker, does not put back the hit grass knot back, does not cover the ball mark on the green).
- Uses an inappropriate expression either verbally or as a gesture.
- Responds to events with an outburst of anger.
- Does not respect fellow players or their play.
- Damages the bat or the course.
- According to zero tolerance, the player is immediately penalized without warning. Penalty fee established by the club in all cases: 30 000 HUF, but in severe or repetitive cases, the ban from the club can also be used as a penalty.
The entire playing time of the 18-stage course is 4 hours and 20 minutes. The recommended speed must be kept, either at the cost of skipping a section or merging groups of players if necessary. The marshal is entitled to take such measures.
There is no age restriction on the use of the golf course. However, children under the age of 12 may only play on the court if accompanied by a responsible adult.
Only impeccably dressed players are allowed on the golf course.
- Tracksuits, military style and patterned trousers, and combat clothing, coveralls, overalls, workwear, swimwear - in any type and color are not acceptable as trousers.
- Jeans may only be worn in practice areas.
- The legs of the shorts must be at least 10 cm long (measured along the inner seam).
- Only collared top clothing covering the entire upper body may be worn.
- Golf shoes (with soft stops), running shoes or soft-soled shoes are allowed. Shoes with heels higher than 1 cm and boots are prohibited.
Transport by vehicle
- This includes any vehicle that can carry one or more people. But it does not include a self-propelled golf cart designed solely to carry golf equipment.
- Golf cart can only be rented by a person with a valid driver's license.
- A golf cart can carry up to 2 people with a total of 2 golf bags.
- It is forbidden to drive the golf cart within 5 meters from the edge of the greens and in 3 meters from the edge of the bunkers, unless a designated road is available. Club penalty: 30 000 HUF in case of repetition the penalty is the exclusion from the course.
- The driver is responsible for any damage to the golf cart.
It is forbidden to take out and / or use the range balls on the 18-stage course. Club penalty: 30 000 HUF in case of repetition the penalty is the exclusion from the course.
Players in groups
A group of up to 4 people can start at once.
The speed of the game
- Keep a one-stroke tracking distance behind the group in front of you.
- The normal playing time of the track is 260 minutes.
Rules applied on teeing-ground
- Do your warm-up outside of the tee before your turn.
- Limit to a maximum of 2 practice swings.
- Possible, players striking shorter should strike first.
- Broken tees should be placed into the designated area.
- Do not throw any other item into the tee holder, especially cigarette butts.
On the fairway
- Approach your ball at a determined pace.
- Place back the hit divots, for the trial strikes as well.
- As you approach the ball, plan the stroke and select the striker.
- Strike up to 2 practice swings.
- Also keep an eye on the balls of fellow players.
- Always hit a temporary (provisional) ball if the original may be lost or is off the field.
On the green
- Park your golf cart behind or next to the green, on the side closer to the next tee
- Correct your own pitchmarks.
- Do not step on other players’ rolling line
- Place softly the flag to the green, further away from the rolling line.
- If possible roll continuously.
- Immediately remove your ball from the whole after you scored in.
- Do not use your bat to remove your ball from the whole, unless you have a special putting grip.
- Once you have finished place the flag back and immediately leave the green.
- Fill in the score card on the next tee.
At the course in general
- Do not hunt for abandoned balls.
- Give up on finding your ball in hopeless areas (eg. in dense vegetation)
- Place back knocked out lawns, rake bunkers, repair ball marks.
- Follow the signs on the posted signs and comply with staff requests.
- Limit the time of practice in both the striking and rolling areas.
- Do not play on areas marked with blue pales and with the sign „area under reconditioning”.
- Limit the ball search time to 3 minutes.
- Let faster teams go first if possible.
Use of trolleys and golf carts
- Do not cross bunkers or tees with trolley or golf cart.
- Do not go closer than 5 ms to the greens by golf cart.
- Do not cross the area between a green and a bunker close to it or a water hazard close to it by trolley.
- If possible, drive the golf cart on paved road. If there is no road, use the slightly rough terrain next to the fairway. Under no circumstances drive on extremely rough, dangerous terrain.
House Rules and the Code of Conduct apply to everyone on the field, both guest players and club members.
- Staff members (e.g., marshal) are authorized to monitor the speed of the game and enforce the compliance with applicable policies and procedures.
- Information on etiquette and safety issues is available from Reception staff.
- In the event of any personal injury, material or property damage, the person using the course will be liable.
Penalty during races
The following procedure applies to violations of the Code of Conduct:
- First time: warning
- Second time: 1 strike penalty
- Third time: genral penalty (2 strikes and loss of section)
- Fourth time: exclusion
In severe cases or recidivism, Balaton Golf Club may impose an immediate disqualification penalty. Club penalties can be enforced independently of the general penalty.
The following procedure is generally applicable to breaches of the Code of Conduct:
- Violation of the Code of Conduct for the first time will result in a fine of 30 000 HUF.
- Repeated, multiple violations of the Code of Conduct will result in the suspension of club membership status for 1 week or, in severe cases the disqualification.